easy falafel recipe (delicious and not expensive)
- 400g soaked chickpeas
- 1 small onion
- 2 to 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- ½ teaspoon ground coriander
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- other optional spices: cardamom, cloves, chilli, turmeric or cinnamon of your choice
- 1 handful of chopped fresh herbs such as cilantro, parsley, chives or marjoram
- vegetable oil for frying
- Add the chickpeas soaked the day before.
- Put them in the blender to puree them.
- Peel the onion and chop it.
- Peel the garlic and cut it into small pieces.
- Finely chop the herbs.
- Add the ingredients to the chickpea puree.
- Add one to two tablespoons of water. You can use chickpea water. The goal is to have a homogeneous dough to make the dumplings easily.
- Cover the dough. Let it rest between 30 min and 1 hour.
- Make meatballs with the dough. They can be rounded or slightly flattened.
- Pour some oil into the pan and heat it.
- Put the meatballs in it. Let them brown for 2 to 3 minutes on one side. Then return them. They should be golden brown.
- Serve them immediately. Or heat them slightly before serving.
What’s going on in Tunisia?
We explain on our YouTube channel. Subscribe!