Tartiflette with Reblochon 6 people to delight your guests!
The tartiflette is a classic dish, made up of potatoes, bacon bits and onions, all enhanced by the famous Reblochon cheese. A simple and quick recipe to prepare, which will delight the whole family!
Tartiflette preparation time
- Preparation: 10 minutes.
- Cooking: 45 minutes.
- Rest: 10 minutes.
Ingredients to prepare a tartiflette
- 1 kg firm-fleshed potatoes
- 200g smoked bacon
- 1 onion
- 30 cl heavy cream
- 1 reblochon
- Salt and pepper
Preparing the tartiflette
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Wash the potatoes and steam them for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brown the bacon bits and onion in a pan.
- In a large gratin dish, layer the potatoes and sprinkle with the bacon bits and onion.
- Cover with Reblochon.
- Pour the crème fraîche over the mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
What starter to make with a tartiflette?
The tartiflette is a main course, but it is possible to accompany it with a starter. A green salad is a very simple and healthy option, while cooked or grilled vegetables can also be served.
Raw vegetables such as carrots, celery or cucumber can be served. You can also serve poached eggs or potato croquettes to accompany the tartiflette.
Which cheese is closest to Reblochon?
Reblochon cheese is a ripened soft cheese made from raw cow’s milk. However, it is not easy to find in some regions, which makes it difficult to prepare an authentic tartiflette.
Fortunately, there are cheeses that can be used in place of Reblochon, to achieve a similar result.
The closest cheeses are Mont d’Or, Vacherin Fribourgeois, Comté, Beaufort and Gruyère.
Here is an authentic tartiflette recipe, perfect for lovers of Savoyard cuisine. Creamy and tasty, this tartiflette will delight the taste buds of the most gourmet.