make a success of your strawberry pie with Elodie Condemi
Elodie Condemi, winner of the Best Pastry Chef, presents the revisited recipe for strawberry pie. Let yourself be deliciously guided by this passionate pastry chef who will make your mouth water.
The Festival of Lights 2022 in Lyon
“Cooking drives me,” assures Elodie Condemi, and we can only believe her. Big winner of season 9 of the Best Pastry Chef, she turned out to be an inventive pastry chef, with an atypical career.
For her, “everything depends on the right blend of ingredients. There is no bad taste in baking. » A way of thinking that allows him to free himself from all presuppositions and give free rein to his imagination.
This is how she offers you a revisited strawberry tart, embellished with fennel and pickled lemon.
- Strawberry pie composition
Almond sweet pastry
Lemon almond cream in brine
Ganache with roasted fennel
Grated Iranian black lemon
- Ingredients for the sweet pastry
40g icing sugar
0.5g of salt
110g T55 flour
13g ground almonds
65g butter at room temperature
- Ingredients for the almond cream
60g almond powder
60g caster sugar
60g of butter
1 large egg about 60g
1 tablespoon of cornstarch
A few quartered strawberries
2/3 preserved lemons with salt
- Ingredients for the whipped fennel ganache
A handful of roasted fennel
100g of white chocolate
- Ingredients for the strawberry compote
250g of strawberries
A pinch of pectin
- Mix butter and icing sugar.
- Add the almond powder and salt, mix.
- Pour in the egg and mix until you get a homogeneous texture.
- Finish with the flour without making the dough too strong.
- Knead the dough by hand.
- Roll out between two sheets of parchment paper and place in the fridge.
- Pre-bake the pie shell for 13 minutes at 170 degrees fan-forced heat.
- Butter your pie ring.
- Cut strips of dough and the bottom then line the tart ring.
- With a knife, remove the excess and place in the fridge overnight to prevent the edges from collapsing during cooking.
- Mix the powdered sugar and the softened butter, add the ground almonds and the cornstarch, continue to mix with a spatula then finish with the egg.
- Chop the salted lemons finely and add to the almond cream.
- Quickly fry the fennel in a pan over low heat.
- Heat the first part of the cream and pour in the roasted fennel, leave to infuse and taste to adjust the strength of the infusion. Filter the infused cream and pour it over the white chocolate, mix well with a whisk to emulsify.
- Add the cold cream and mix well again, film in contact and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Cut the strawberries into cubes and place them in a saucepan over low heat and allow to stew.
- Adjust the sweetness with sugar and a pinch of pectin. When the mixture is hot, stir a little more and place in a bowl until completely cooled.
- Brush the bottom of the pie with egg and cream to waterproof it.
- Put back in the oven for 5 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the oven, add the almond cream and strawberry quarters then continue cooking for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Once the pie is baked, allow it to cool slowly.
- Collect the strawberry compote and spread it over the almond cream.
- Pour the ganache into a very cold bowl and start whisking it at medium speed until you get a bird’s beak.
- With a spatula, place quenelles of whipped ganache all around the tart.
- Cut strawberries and place them in the center of the pie.
- Grate a little Iranian black lemon.
Like Elodie, do not hesitate to try other spices or citrus fruits for the recipe according to your tastes and your imagination.
To find Elodie Condemi, pastry chef in Riedishem: 8c avenue Gustave Dolfus, 68400 Riedisheim, 06 12 16 47 67.