Donuts for Mardi Gras
Ah donuts… Sweet or savory, we love them in all their forms! And then the good thing about donuts is that you can decorate them endlessly: donuts with fruit, donuts with vegetables, donuts with cheese or prawns… Donuts are yours!
The donut and Mardi-Gras tradition
Ah Carnival… Its traditions, its disguises… but above all its donuts! But besides… Why are donuts the culinary specialty of the famous Mardi-Gras? If we tell you that Mardi-Gras precedes Lent, does that help you? Clearly, before the Lenten fast (and therefore a period of food deprivation), what could be better than a day heavy with fatty foods (well yes Mardi-Gras, as its name so well suggests) such as donuts, for to prepare? Because don’t be fooled, donuts aren’t really light…Easy to prepare and inexpensive, donuts are the essentials of this day!
|Sweet donuts, we can taste them with all the sauces, finally, we understand each other… Whether it’s Carnival donuts or sweet fruit donuts, we love donuts! Finally we even crunch…|
|Here are some must-have recipes:
Bugnes: specialty of the South-East of France
What’s next after this ad
Which fryer for my donuts?
Always be very careful when frying, and above all use appropriate and secure equipment. It is advisable to use fryers with lids to avoid splashing hot oil on the skin. We always monitor a fryer during cooking and above all we remember to unplug it directly after use.
Donuts are delicious but they are also very greasy. So to lighten the bill a little, you can also make donuts … in the oven.
The recipe for donuts in the oven:
- In a container, mix 300 g of flour with 1 sachet of dehydrated baker’s yeast.
- In a bowl, beat an egg and add it to the mixture.
- In a saucepan, heat, without boiling, 100 ml of milk with 30 g of unsalted butter and 1 sachet of vanilla sugar. You can also flavor your dough with 1 tbsp. orange blossom water.
- Add the milk-butter-sugar to the first dough and mix with a spatula or with your hands.
- Film the dough on contact and let it rest for an hour in the fridge.
- Roll out the dough using a rolling pin and cut it into pieces. Form small balls with the palm of your hand and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Let the balls grow for another 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/thermostat 6 and bake the donuts for 10 to 15 minutes depending on the oven.
- Meanwhile, bring water to a boil.
- When they come out of the oven, brush the donuts with water and roll them in fine sugar.
What’s next after this ad
Light donuts in the oven
>> Simply One fryer, Seb, €68
>> Fryer for two people, Moulinex, €47.30
>> Tefal semi-professional fryer, €45