Monday’s recipe: risotto with carrot juice and sage-flavored chicken fillet
A recipe for a tasty dish rich in vitamins, to give yourself all the energy you need in this winter month.
Here are the steps to follow to make this risotto with carrot juice:
- Peel and chop the onions. Wash or peel the carrots and cut them into strips. Rinse the risotto in a colander under the tap. Prepare the broth.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottomed pan and sauté the onions and carrots for 2 minutes. Add the risotto and cook for 1 minute. Stir in half the broth and carrot juice and season with half the ras el-hanout, salt and pepper. Stir regularly and let the risotto absorb the moisture. Repeat this process until there is no more liquid and the risotto is al dente. Count about 20-25 minutes. Increase the heat a little if the risotto has not absorbed all the water or add a little water if it is too dry.
- Drain the peas and cook them for a few minutes with the risotto. Add a knob of butter at the end of cooking.
- Cut the chicken in half lengthwise (as a cutlet) and season with ras el-hanout, salt, pepper and lime juice. Heat the oil (or butter) in a frying pan and fry the chicken fillets until brown and tender. Remove the chicken fillets from the pan and set aside, covered. Fry sage in chicken fat until crispy.
- Serve the risotto with the chicken fillet and garnish with sage.
LE + EAT: Made from the aromatic and sweet Rodelika carrot, EXKI bio-dynamic carrot juice is prepared from pressed carrots, immediately bottled after harvest. The juice is not from concentrate and is briefly heated to extend its shelf life.
ABOUT EXKI X EKOMENU RECIPES
Fan of this dish? Then you will also love the other recipes imagined by chef EXKi Frank Fol. The Flemish chef has been designing healthy dishes for the chain for over 20 years. Ekomenu, the lunch box concept, is the result of their latest collaboration. The meal box EXKi contains dishes around 15 themes, ranging from vegan to gluten-free, family or fast. How it works ? Simply select the number of meals you want, wait for home delivery, and follow the steps in each recipe to whip up a tasty, healthy meal in no time. Nothing easier !
For more recipes, join the ELLE Belgium Pinterest profile!