learn how to make homemade bread
Learning how to make homemade sandwich bread is easy. Lorène Renard gives you her recipe for making it a success, and why not use it to make delicious croque-monsieurs. Follow the guide.
The Festival of Lights 2022 in Lyon
Based in Vého in Meurthe-et-Moselle on the family organic farm (GAEC Grands Près), Lorène Renard has also taken up the torch from her grandparents, former bakers from the neighboring village by becoming a peasant baker.
With cereals from the farm, it produces its own flour and also offers a range of breads it makes. Lorène Renard’s bread is made the old-fashioned way, with sourdough, which gives it a real typicality. For the young woman, the irregularity of the bread linked to the atmospheric conditions and the evolution of the cereals from one year to the next is part of the charm of the product and of her profession.
She offers us to learn how to make homemade sandwich bread that will allow us, for example, to make delicious croque-monsieurs. With ease.
A recipe and an encounter to be found on our show * Succulent !, broadcast on Saturdays at 11:25 a.m. on France 3 Grand Est, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté, Hauts-de-France and Centre-Val-de Loire.
For two loaves of bread
500g flour (preferably T80)
15 g fresh baker’s yeast
15g of salt
300g whole milk
- Mix the flour, sugar, yeast, salt, eggs and milk in a bowl, making sure to incorporate the yeast well apart from the salt.
- Knead the mixture until the dough thickens and is no longer sticky.
- Add butter, heated or softened, and continue kneading until fully incorporated into the dough.
- Leave to rest for an hour to an hour and a half under a tea towel.
- Once the dough has risen, form a ball and knead it for a few minutes, bringing the outside inwards.
- Model the dough in order to obtain an elongated shape and place it in a mold
- Let rise between an hour and an hour and a half.
- Bake for 20 minutes at 220°C.
The little extra from the chef: To help the dough rise, let it rest near a heat source such as a radiator or internet box.