Pumpkin and foie gras velouté recipe
Brighten up your New Year’s Eve with an exquisite aperitif: pumpkin and foie gras velouté! Very simple to prepare and served in a verrine, your guests will fight to eat the last one.
Whether served in a verrine for an aperitif or as a gourmet starter, this velouté of pumpkin and foie gras will undoubtedly make you melt with pleasure. We accompany it with homemade gingerbread toast to spend a very gourmet moment. This appetizer really doesn’t require a lot of time in the kitchen and we guarantee you’ll love it. If you want to crunch with pleasure, do not hesitate to make bruschetta with pumpkin and reblochon. Warning: you become addicted from the first bite…
Pumpkin and foie gras velouté verrine recipe. Credit: iStock
PUMPKIN AND FOIE GRAS VELOUTÉ RECIPE
For about 10 verrines
– 1/2 pumpkin
– Olive oil
– Salt pepper
– 1 tsp of paprika
– 1 tsp garlic powder
– 1 tsp dried thyme
– 10 cl of full liquid cream
– Foie gras
– Slices of gingerbread
1. Core the pumpkin and cut it into large cubes. You can keep the skin but remember to wash your pumpkin well before.
2. Place the pumpkin cubes on a baking tray lined with baking paper and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt, pepper, paprika, garlic powder and thyme. Mix and bake at 200°C for 30 minutes. Check the cooking with the tip of a knife: it should sink into the pumpkin without difficulty.
3. Mix the pumpkin with the liquid cream. Add a little more cream if needed and adjust seasoning to taste. Let cool.
4. Pour the velouté into verrines. Add a few pieces of foie gras.
5. Toast the slices of gingerbread and serve with the verrines.